Welcome back to The Whale Theatre!
We told you we’d be back after the interval and here we are! After a long interval of almost 6 months, we’re thrilled to be back for the “Second Act” and we can’t wait to see you all again!
Please read this “Second Act Charter” carefully before booking your tickets and check in again before attending an event as these policies may change to reflect new guidelines. If you have any questions about these measures, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to download our “Second Act Charter” Graphic
Covid-19 General Policies & Changes
- To comply with social distancing and restrictions on indoor gatherings, we’ve reduced our capacity, and will only have 40 tickets available for each performance. More tickets may be released if guidelines change, but this number may also be reduced without prior notice, so make sure to book early to avoid disappointment.
- Face coverings are now mandatory and must be worn when entering, exiting and moving around in the theatre. We would strongly recommend you keep your mask/visor on throughout the performance, and please ensure you are wearing your face covering correctly. If you cannot wear a mask/visor, please contact us before booking. Please do not arrive without a mask/visor as you may be refused entry.
- We have introduced an enhanced cleaning routine in the theatre and as part of this route, we are also using a state-of-the-art Electrostatic Disinfection Sprayer for extra protection. We have also signed up to Fáilte Ireland’s Covid-19 Safety Charter and our full-time staff have already completed the Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course. Part-time staff will also complete this course as well as in-house training before we reopen.
- As a way of reducing movement around the theatre, many performances will be shorter than usual (approx 60-70 mins) with no interval. Some performances may have a short break, but you will be encouraged to stay in your seating area unless using the bathroom. If you need to use the bathroom, you will be asked to wear your mask/visor while doing so.
Ticketing & Pre-Show
- All tickets must be booked in advance. Tickets will be taken off-sale 24 hours before each performance and will not be on sale at the door. This is to allow us to set up the seating plan to accommodate social distancing.
- You will receive a pre-show email at least 48 hours before your scheduled event with further information about the event and what to expect. You may be asked to fill in our Covid-19 Declaration Form, which should be filled out prior to arriving at the venue.
- Doors will open 30 mins before the show is scheduled to begin, so please allow more time than you normally would to get seated. Latecomers may not be admitted and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please check in with our social media regularly and check this page again before going to your event, as these guidelines may have changed since you booked your ticket.
- If you start to feel unwell, please stay at home and do not attend the event.
- If any of the information you provided in your Covid-19 Declaration Form changes and you are unable to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend as a result of Covid-19, you will be able to get a full refund on your tickets.
At the Venue
- If you have received a Covid-19 Declaration Form, please make sure you’ve completed it before arriving at the venue.
- When you arrive, please follow the instructions of our Hospitality Team who will show you to the seats you have been allocated to. These allocations will be done based on the number of people in your group. This will take longer than usual, but we will seat people as quickly as possible so please be patient as we do this.
- Please sit in the seats you have been given, and please do not change or move seats or tables once you have been seated. Once seated, please remain in your seats throughout the duration of the performance if possible.
- We would recommend you keep your mask/visor on for the duration of the show, but face coverings are mandatory when entering, exiting or moving around in the theatre.
- Movement inside the theatre will be restricted, so please follow the signage and directional arrows along with instruction from our Hospitality Team, who are there to help you.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout the theatre, so please use this as often as required. If using the toilets, please follow the direction of our Hospitality Team when queueing and ensure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- To comply with current guidelines, we will not be serving alcohol until such time as we are permitted to do so. Tea, coffee, soft drinks and small snacks will be available from our new menu. We will be operating table service only, so please take a seat and we will come to you. We will accept cash, but contactless card payments are preferred.
- At the end of the show, please stay in your seats and follow the instructions of the Hospitality Team for exiting the theatre. If you need to use the toilet after the performance, please wait until your group has been invited to leave the venue.
Play your role
- Keep up to date with current guidelines and restrictions and familiarise yourself with the signs and symptoms of Covid-19. https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/
- If you, or a member of your group, is feeling unwell or is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19, please stay at home and do not attend the event. If you cannot attend due to a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19, we will happily refund your ticket.
- Only attend events with members of your own household and help us to promote social distancing by keeping 2m away from people from outside your group/household. Do not shake hands, or hug anyone from outside your group/household.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please use your arm or a tissue to cover your mouth.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after using the bathroom, and please use the hand sanitisers provided.
- Don’t forget to bring your own mask/visor and please ensure you are wearing your face covering properly.
- If you have any concerns, or if you notice something that you think we need to change, please notify a member of staff or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to keep The Whale Theatre as safe, welcoming and comfortable as possible for our audiences, staff and performers. Please help us to keep the doors open by playing your role and adhering to the new policies outlined here.
We look forward to welcoming you back for the Second Act very soon!